Monday, March 28, 2011

Secrets of Life

I found this book in a thrift store.

I loved the true life adventure films my elementary school teachers used to show. Looking at the pictures on the cover of this book , I could hear the projector clicking away the music, the narrator....

I have been taking a Mixed Media art class. Our last project was altered books. Take a hardbound book and paint, stamp, glue in photos etc., for my more art savvy friends this is not a new thing, but remember....I am just emerging from the mommy trenches. My life has been focused on logistics and procurements,transportation to dance, 4-H, school projects, Girl Scouts, and I even vacuumed the floor once in there. Crazy times but this is what came out of it.

Two great daughters who are becoming great adults. which leaves me  more time to learn about such things as altered books. I am going to take the Secrets of Life book and make it a sort of journal, altered book. I am going to add some of my photos such as this...


Each day is a new beginning.


and this

perseverance
I am going to add sayings and poems such as this my friend Gerald always used to say..."You can't un-fry an egg."

I think it will be fun...altered secrets of life...

1 comment: