Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bird Nerd Rides Again!

The best guide book I have ever owned. The pages are falling out. I have purchased others over the years but always come back to this one.

Dig out your birding field-guide books and dust off those binoculars, Cornell Universities  Great Back Yard Bird Count, will begin Friday,  February 18 2011. I participated in the count last year for the first time in many years and I had  a great time! Cornell University will provide a regional bird list for you so you can have a heads up on the kinds of birds in your area in February. This really helped me last year.I grew up in Oregon and transplanted to California so I knew some birds, but was pleasantly surprised to learn and spot species I didn't know were here. Bird Nerd that's me! Below is a link to the Great Back Yard Bird Count site.


Mr and Mrs Mourning Dove. They come and feed on the seeds the guys in the next picture drop.
House finch feeding frenzy

A House Sparrow at Starbucks last Friday. I love the colors in his wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment