Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yet, more, this and that and random stuff...

First of all, the Amgen tour of California ended here in town on Sunday...Lycra man was in cycling heaven. I walked over to watch the teams go by...

These guys were cruising at around 45 mph, pedaling down hill....me I don't pedal down hill...but to this guys this probably didn't qualify as a hill....

It took the car train following the racers longer to go by than the racers themselves!!!!!


Saw this Bee keeper at the park this morning. He was removing a hive that was too close to the picnic tables...



I decided to work on my close up photography at the park this morning...found this little honey bee on some lavender...


 While I was taking her picture I thought, I hope that wasn't her hive the bee guy was getting...where would she go?



In photography one usually does not want the sun flare thing in the picture...but I worked hard to get this one in...I like it.

See...flare...worked hard to get this one OUT....didn't quite make it.


I had to take this picture of clover. It brought back memories of my brother and I picking clover and putting it in to canning jars. Then we caught honey bees in the jar. We put the jar on a shelf right at our 4 and 5 year old eye level to watch and wait for them to make honey....

 Lastly..I am such a sap....just agreed to return to 4-H ...I do love the program..and the kids...I will need something to keep me busy after Kathy goes off to college in the fall...right?...right...?








1 comment:

  1. Love the angle of the clover shot. Did you ever get your honey?

    Sun flares....I work to get them. Need to have that reminder that the sun will come again!

    Nice randoms!

    ReplyDelete