Monday, May 2, 2011

This and that on Monday Morning

The Conejo Valley Days Carnival is rolling into town.Conejo Valley Days. this is the 55th Conejo Valley Days event. We used to have a parade but...the powers that be nixed it for the last 2 years. Richard Widmark and Joel McCrea had ranches out here, they and their kids rode in the parades in the50's and 60's. sometimes I get a little annoyed with my "town fathers" if it don't glitter it ain't worth it...dopes.


I know it's a "weed" but I think it is pretty back lit like this.

Pretty butterfly warming it's self in the morning sun.


The dots look white here, but they were a pretty sky blue in real life.



3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like some kind of Amazon Butterfly! How big was it? Cuz it looks huge! Even with the blue dots looking white it is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, it was about 2 1/2 inches at the widest part of the wing span. i have been practicing "filling the frame" in my picture taking endeavor, that is why it looks so big I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a lovely walk. I like your grasses!

    ReplyDelete