Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wildwood Park Photo Class

Well, I was shutter trigger happy today in Wildwood Park. I took 145 pictures! I saw 2 rabbits and 2 crows. Kind of unusual to not see any Hawks, so this turned out to be more of a landscape class as apposed to a wildlife class. That is fine with me Landscapes hold still so I can fiddle with my camera and maybe get a good shot!  Wildwood has a Hollywood Past. T.V. shows such as Wagon Train, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, and Bonanza were filmed here. also some scenes for the movie Spartacus.

We stared up on the plain and went down in the canyon to the creek. We have had a lot of rain in Southern California so everything is green right now.

Wild cucumber. It climbs on everything!


Hikers have been scraping the mud from their shoes here on the lower rung of the fence.

the hills are covered with Prickly Pear cactus , sage, buckwheat and a whole bunch of other plants I don't know.

Up close and personal....


this is a Dudleya, this thing was bigger than my head...


you know me and my hidden pictures...thought this looked like a bunny head.....


working on back lighting here...kind of too bright today but I like it anyway


thistle



Bee (wildlife!) on a sunflower



the trail leading out of an oak grove, through the wildflowers and past the cactus to the creek. So many changes in vegetation in just a few feet. Nice going down, steep as a cows face coming up ( my granny used to say that) It was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment