Friday, September 13, 2013

Good Read

~They say I must die. They say that I stole the breath from men, and now they must steal mine. I imagine then, that we are all candle flames, greasy-bright, fluttering in the darkness and the howl of the wind, and in the stillness of the room I hear footsteps, coming to blow me out and send my life up away from me in a gray wreath of smoke. I will vanish into the air and the night. They will blow us all out, one by one, until it is only their own light by which they see themselves.~ from Burial Rites, by Hannah Kent

That's the opening paragraph, it gets better from there. Lets just say it is the Les miserables of Iceland circa, 1828.
  • Things are not always as they seem,
  •  Life has no guarantees and can change in an instant,by our doing, or through actions of others.
  •  People will believe what they want to believe.

This novel is a work of fiction, based on real events.

If you want to know more about this book click here .

No comments:

Post a Comment