Thursday, April 19, 2012

This and That, the whatever it is edition

Turtle sunning himself this morning.

OK, those of you  my age know the story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull......I loved seagulls after that book, not any more...lets see if I can explain why.


she used to have 5...she was darting here and there protecting the last one this morning, from



these guys.





There is a group of  ducklings that lost their mom, I thought they would be toast but they are really smart...


this was taken 2 weeks ago, this is where they sleep, they stay in a group and stay away from the center of the pond...so far the are still 5 in number. Maybe if momma duck above could keep the kid away from the center of the pond, the seagulls couldn't swoop in and get it...

OK on the other things...



Hank...doing the jungle cat thing again.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to tell from the picture. Do you know if that turtle has red marks on the side of its head? People let red-eared sliders loose out there and they wreak havoc on the native California Pond Turtles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, I will look closer next time I see it. I always worry it is a snapping turtle and it will get the ducks from under the water...poor little things, I guess that is why mother nature has 8 hatch, hoping 3 make it...

      Delete
  2. Enjoying the birdie stories and fab photos, but beside myself about the five chicks and their mom. Gotta go... got a parcel just arrived!

    ReplyDelete