Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Someday we should stop there.

Lycra man an I have been up and down the I-5 form here to Oregon and for the last 4 years here to Davis so many times. We always say , "We should stop there some time", as we whiz by, got to be somewhere and that some where is over 300 miles away.

Recently we had the college kid pick up, graduation relay race, from California to Oregon to OSU to pick up Kathy, then back to Davis for Brenda's graduation form UC Davis. We decided to take a little extra time and stop along the way.

First stop...Andersen's pea soup restaurant If you are from southern California you know what I am talking about. big windmill restaurant serves split pea soup...yep, I confess, I like split pea soup and I finally got to eat in the windmill , pretty tasty!

On up the free way we went to Sierra Nevada Brewing company Lycra Man was in heaven.

We had a great dinner in the restaurant. Free tours are available of the brewery. It is a pretty neat place, they grow most of the veggies they serve in the restaurant, send the used hops from brewing, over to Cal State Chico to the beef department for feed, get beef back for the restaurant.

Next... The The Bidwell Mansion in Chico. Built in 1868. some of its famous visitors William T Sherman, John Muir.

On to OSU to pick up the equestrian team member, u turn, head back down the 5...
To Ashland to overnight and see a play, As you like it, by William Shakespeare.



Then off to Castle Lake by lake Shasta



on to Davis for Brenda's Graduation from UC Davis, Yeah Brenda!!!!


then on down the Freeway another 5 hours, back home to Hank and the bunnies.... I think I will stop here for a while!



3 comments:

  1. That was a good amount of driving, Jenean, but great stops along the way. Congratulations to Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a great trip!! I am glad you were feeling better to enjoy it! Isn't it fun to stop and see knew things along the way?~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this one. Glad I looked back. Awesome road trip. Brat #1 loves Shakespeare, so we were talking yesterday of a road trip to see one of old Bill's plays. We were scheming of what to tell Brat #2 to get him in the car with us, then decided the truth would do. He's game. Now it is up to Brat1 to pick a play.

    ReplyDelete