Monday, May 6, 2013

Mom's weekend at Oregon State University.

This past weekend was Mom's weekend at Oregon State University. I love visiting Kathy, it's a two for the price of one kind of thing, as I get to visit my Alma matter too! Yep Kathy is a third generation Beaver.

This was the first time I had to stand in line at the car rental place at Portland airport, 30 min wait. I asked the fella at the counter what was up, he said Moms weekend. It's a big deal you see. I had to get my Hotel reservation Months in advance. I didn't do that last year, the closest I could get was 30 min away, until luckily, well I think luckily, I found a place in Corvallis but it was rather... colorful. So this year I was on it and found a place a bit nicer. Two weeks prior to my visit, the hotel called me to make sure I was coming. That has never happened to me before. They had people on waiting list, didn't want to have an empty room I guess.



 I spent the first 24 years of my life in Oregon, I forget how green it is.


 And how tall the trees are, I feel almost claustrophobic...I was surprised about that. We were heading for the street fair in the tents.


A herd of Beavers or is it Beavi ? 






 The Memorial Union, I have three favorite buildings on campus , this is one of them.


 Inside the Union.


 Fave Number 2.


The Women's building. As a Physical education /Health major I spent a lot of my time here, swimming, dance, gymnastics.



 Fave number 3. In my day ( yes I am annoying old person now) this was the ultimate man cave..building. Now it is fixed up nicely with a sandwich shoppe down stairs. Progress



 Speaking of progress, Kathy says they are building a new business building here, ( old person alert) sadly on the field behind the women's building, where I played field hockey, soccer, softball, and shot arrows in Archery class.  Building means things are going well for the University and that is great. (sniff)




Azaleas, rhododendrons and camellias were blooming all over campus.

We went back to Kathy's apartment and look who came to visit.




He is looking in Kathy's dinning area window, "what you doing in there?"



Kathy says they come through every evening. Last fall she had 8 come through at one time.


We had a great time together!




No comments:

Post a Comment